Finally I have an update on the lion! I am pleased with how it is coming along. This picture is quite rubbish I will try to get a better one once the piece is completed.
I am really looking forward to getting this completed. Just some mane and whiskers to go.:)
I have another update on the snow leopard too! The underpainting is completed and I have started detailing the eye. I believe that the eyes of a piece have to be captured correctly in order for the artwork to be a success. Therefore 9 times out of 10 I start with the eyes as I would rather know if the painting is a flop before I have put too much time into it.:)
So far I can see a vast difference between my tiger and the snow leopard. It is quite surprising the changes made from using professional materials.
I have created the eye using a lot of glazes and I still have a little left to do before I start detailing the fur. I use the acrylics at a milky consistency.