Sorry for the inactivity, as usual university is taking its toll. I have had some more time to work on my scratchboard and acrylic tiger and have some updates!:)
I am just scratching away with my tiger and have put in the base scratches on the other side of the face. A lot of toning and defining of facial structures is still required. I have also started adding in some foliage too. I am still looking for some title suggestions too so all help is appreciated.
With my acrylic tiger I just decided to block everything in. I have started some of the final detailing on the left side of the face, the orange fur beneath the eye. I also need to learn how to stop overworking a piece which I think is one of my main weaknesses with acrylics.
Yip I have also started another piece which is also another big cat. This time it is the lion with the reference from Mike Seamons from flickr. I have realised that I am one of those artists that like to have a few pieces on the go because then I don't get bored and the inspiration sticks with me then.:) This piece is showing at its original size. I decided to really challenge myself with acrylics and decided to do a close up piece of a lion which is only 10 cm X 10 cm. As you can see the underpainting is complete and I have completed one eye too. This is the most difficult eye I have ever done due to the size. Closer to its completion I will show a size comparison with a penny. :)
I won't have any more updates for a little while because I have a lot of uni work and exams but I will update when I have made some progress.:)