Saturday 1 May 2010

Determination - Finished

I have finally finished my wolf board. I am happy with it considering the fact that it is the first time I have tried to tackle water and wet fur in scratchboard.

I could not have done this without the great photographer Steve from flickr.
























Next I will be planning a big piece at 18 inches x 24 inches which will be a side project. Therefore I am not expecting to get it finished in a hurry and to be honest I don't want to because it will take a lot of planning and patience as I will be colouring it too. I have restarted the lion and will post the update soon.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this piece. It has such feeling to it.
    I would never have guessed it was your first attempt with water and fur on scratchboard.
    Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat! I really appreciate your encouraging comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to paint, but in a different style to the way you create art. However, I do admire realistic work greatly, especially when it has such feeling in it as you create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your work is incredible! The way you did the wet fur and water is so realistic! I enjoy viewing all of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kris for your great comments!

    ReplyDelete